© 2010 Frontiersman Sport. All Rights Reserved.

Q: How do I purchase a handgun?
A: You must be a Minnesota resident with valid ID, be 21 years old or older, AND have EITHER a MN Permit to Purchase OR a MN Carry Permit. You must also pass the NICS instant background check at the time of purchase. Contact your local Police Department for your Permit to Purchase (free) which is valid for one year. Or you may contact our endorsed Carry Permit Instructor for information about the Minnesota Carry Permit which is valid for 5 years.

Q: How do I purchase a rifle or shotgun?

  Endorsed Firearm Instructor

  John E. Caile – Certified Firearm     Instructor

John Caile is considered one of Minnesota’s top Minnesota Carry Permit instructors. He is approved by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, and is NRA Certified in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, and Personal Protection in the Home. He has over 40 years of handgun experience, and strongly supports “real world” training as practiced by world-renowned self-defense experts like Rex Applegate, Jeff Cooper, and others. John is also one of the few civilian instructors who have been involved in multiple defensive gun uses.

As Communications Director for Concealed Carry Reform, NOW! (CCRN), the gun rights organization that passed Minnesota’s handgun carry permit law, John has continued to defend gun owner’s rights at all levels. He is a regular guest on Local and National Talk Radio, Network and Public Television, and is frequently published in the local press. 


Shop with us ONLINE-
Browse 100s of thousands of items INCLUDING GUNS and buy from us from anywhere with internet access!

<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">Flash Required</a>
Flash Required
Frontiersman Sports

6925 Wayzata Blvd

St Louis Park, MN 55426

Phone: 952-544-3775

Fax: 952-544-8309
A: You must be 18 years old or older with valid ID. You must also pass the NICS instant background check at the time of purchase. Out of state residents may purchase these guns provided their state allows their ownership and/or purchase. Note- California and some other states have additional restrictions.

Q: How do I purchase a military style semi-automatic rifle, or a firearm which Minnesota deems an "assault rifle"? (AK-47, AR-15, FN FAL, HK91, etc)
A: Purchasers must be 18 years old or older AND have EITHER a MN Permit to Purchase OR a MN Permit to Carry.  FBI NICS check will also be conducted at the time of purchase.  Note- 18 to 20 year olds may purchase these weapons even though they cannot get a Permit to Carry and/or purchase a handgun yet, they still must have a valid Permit to Purchase however.

Q: Will there be another "Assault Weapons Ban" and/or ban on high capacity magazines (more than 10 rounds) for all guns, pistols included?
A: Maybe.  Since the '12 election and then Sandy Hook, it is not looking good for gun owners and enthusiasts in general. Can we really trust Boener to not bend over and "compromise"?  Those who are smart are not falling into a false sense of security now that the Sandy Hook shooting has faded from the forefront of the news. Rest assured, the leftists will not give up. Also expect to see the gun shows gutted at some point, as new laws are in the works. Expect to see a 90+% reduction in gun show sellers once it becomes FFL dealer only sales (only those who can conduct NICS background checks). The days of buying guns anonymously/no ID/no paper trail, cash and carry, with no background check are likely coming to an end- maybe not yet on the federal level, but it looks likely that is the direction MN is headed due to the current governor and legislature- probably next year.

Q: Do you sell Tasers or stun guns?
A: Yes. We sell both Tasers and stun guns. Tasers actually fire a probe at an attacker up to 35 feet away causing incapacitation/loss of body function. Stun guns are used by touching the device to an attacker and initiating an electrical current which causes similar effects as a Taser. Tasers and stun guns are regulated by Minnesota law. Purchasers must be 18 years or older and pass the same background check as they would if purchasing a rifle or shotgun. Sales to those prohibited from owning firearms are not allowed.

Q: Can I own a machinegun in Minnesota and if so how do I purchase one?
A: YES! There are several State and Federal laws that apply however. Minnesota residents can legally own and shoot many types of collectible machine guns. A few examples are Thompson “Tommy” sub machineguns, German WWII guns like MP-40, MG-42, early US M-16, M-14, BAR, Grease Gun, H&R Reising, S&W 76, Sten Gun, and many more. Certain machine guns must have been made 50 or more years prior to today's date to be legal in Minnesota, however many machine guns made through 1986 still qualify as civilian-legal in MN.  No machine guns made after May 1986 are legal for civilian ownership in MN or in any other state.  Prices on these special guns range from about $2500 up to over $20,000 depending on the model. Machine guns are an excellent investment, they will always go up in value! The transfer process can take up to a few months and the buyer must pay a $200 transfer tax to the US Government. Contact us directly for more detailed information about the transfer process.

Q: Can I purchase and/or own a silencer in Minnesota?
A: No.  Minnesota is among the FEW states which disallow civilian silencer ownership. 

Q: In MN can I purchase and/or own a short barreled shotgun, short barreled rifle, "Street Sweeper", "destructive device", or a gun which fires a cartridge larger than .50 caliber?
A: Yes- all of the above except for most short barreled shotguns.  Short barreled shotguns which are specifically classified as an "AOW" are legal in MN however.  Several federal laws apply though, and the transfer process is very similar to that of transfering machine guns.  Contact us directly for more information.

Q: Can I purchase or own a "switchblade" or automatic knife in Minnesota?
A: Yes. Switchblades are somewhat regulated in Minnesota but are still legal to buy and own. Carrying a concealed automatic knife for self defense is unlawful however. The sale and possession of these knives for collecting purposes is completely legal. We do sell these knives. Some popular makers of automatic knives are: H&K, Boker, Benchmade, Gerber, SOG, Smith & Wesson, etc. See this link for additional legal info: (the bottom paragraph is most relevant) http://knife-expert.com/mn.txt

Q: How do I purchase AMMO?
A: You must be 18 years old or older with valid ID to purchase rifle and shotgun ammo.  You must be 21 years old or older to purchase handgun ammo.

Q: Does Frontiersman Sports have a rifle or pistol range on premises?
A: Unfortunately because of our central inter-city location we cannot offer a public shooting range. We more than make up for it with a larger gun inventory and MUCH LOWER prices than those found at the few local gun stores that offer a range however. Just compare our prices on guns, ammo, etc… We can also recommend several local places to shoot within the Twin Cities and beyond.

Q: Can I buy a firearm from a source in another state and have you receive and transfer it to me?
A: Yes. Call or stop in for more information. Generally we charge $40 to do your transfer paperwork and the NICS check for an out of state gun. NFA transfers are $75.  Also it is recommended you check our prices first, we can usually save you the time and hassle of buying a gun from far away and offer you a very competitive price.  By buying from us you get the ability to actually SEE and TOUCH the gun(s) you are buying first, and you don't have to pay those highly inflated shipping and handling charges that most online and catalog sellers charge.  Once you factor in the shipping and transfer charges, we usually meet and often beat most online and catalog dealers prices.  Support your local businesses! 

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: We accept cash, Visa/MasterCard/Discover, certified checks, personal checks, and guns in trade. We may accept other merchandise in trade on a case-by-case basis. Call or stop in to learn about our current personal check policy as there are some restrictions for personal checks.

Q: Can I get my Minnesota hunting or fishing license at Frontiersman?
A: Yes. We have the MN DNR computerized license system. We sell all Minnesota hunting and fishing licenses and permits.

Q: How can I get my Minnesota Concealed Carry Permit?
A: You must attend a one-day class and complete a shooting exercise. Once completed you pay the fee to your county Sherriff's Department ($100 or less) and they will mail you the permit within 30 days if you pass the background check. A MN Carry Permit is valid for 5 years. For more information you should contact our endorsed firearms training Instructor John Caile at 612-240-6080 or visit www.sditraining.net

Q: Do you employ a Gunsmith?
A: Yes. We do minor gun repairs, cleaning, and scope mounting in-store. We also offer full service, expert gunsmithing which is completed in a top of the line facility at another location.  Everything from major repair, complete restoration, re-blueing, etc. can be done.  Our expert Gunsmith picks up and drops off guns here at our shop each Wednesday.

Q: Do you ship guns out of state?
A: Yes we will ship guns for our customers.  Transfer fee and shipping charges will apply. We only ship to licensed firearms dealers, manufacturers, or licensed collectors.

Q: Do you buy any other merchandise besides guns?
A: YES. We buy all types of surplus and unwanted ammo (if we deem it is in good condition and safe), most usable gun parts and accessories, certain military items; especially those of WWII vintage. German WWII medals, swords, daggers, uniforms, etc. are among the military items we will pay the most for.  We may purchase other merchandise as well, call or stop in to find out if we can help you out.



Search terms
mn gun stores mn gun shops mn gun dealers mn guns mn gun stores minnesota gun stores minnesota gun shops guns mn, minnesota guns, minneapolis gun shops, minneapolis gun stores, firearms mn, firearms dealers mn, firearms stores mn, guns twin cities, twin cities gun shops, handguns, ak-47 mn, ar-15 mn, machineguns mn, machinegun dealers mn, mn concealed carry, ammo mn, ammunition mn, gunsmiths mn, minnesota gunsmiths, minneapolis gunsmiths, gun repair mn, pistols mn, used guns mn, used guns minneapolis, handguns mn glock, H&k, tannerite, sure shot, exploding targets, exploding rifle targets, exploding 22 targets, exploding pistol targets, 5.7 ammo, barrett, used guns, gun trades, buy used guns, sell used guns, gun pawn, sell used guns, cash for guns, s&w governor, st. paul gun
Our year-round store hours are: (CST)
Monday           9:00 to 8:00
Tuesday          9:00 to 6:00
Wednesday     9:00 to 6:00
Thursday         9:00 to 8:00
Friday             9:00 to 8:00
Saturday         9:00 to 5:00
Sunday               CLOSED